Castello di Bolgheri

 CastBolgh logo
The origins of Bolgheri Castle date back to 1200. Since then, it has been the property of the Counts of Gherardesca family. In the late 1700s, restoration and improvements were made to the building, and the cellars were built. In 1895, the castle’s facade was modified, with the construction of the tower and merlons as still seen today. The farm extends around the Castle for 130 ha, 50 of which are covered by vineyards; the rest made up of areas cultivated with 6,000 olive plants, sown grounds and woods.  Starting in 1997, the vineyards were planted with the principal varieties called for in the specifications for Bolgheri DOC wines: Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Syrah and Petit Verdot. Bolgheri Castle's vineyards are found on the outskirts of the village of the same name, facing southwest, and the rows, which are perpendicular to the sea, benefit from the afternoon wind during the hot summer days. 
 Castello di Bolgheri Varvar Castello di Bolgheri Superi     
Castello di
Bolgheri Varvara
Castello di
Bolgheri Superiore